PROJECT-E is seeking highly motivated students, graduates, and professionals who are interested in contributing to an INGO focused on women’s empowerment through education.
We require a Fundraising Department Head to work remotely from the location of their choosing, as part of PROJECT-E Team International’s Fundraising department.
We are Women-focused and Education-dedicated. We are all students and professionals working voluntarily in our free time to empower women through education.
We want to make an impact – a lasting one. Empowering Ethiopian women through education doesn’t only help those individuals but the entire society. Higher education as key to economic development and ultimately the escape from poverty – that is what we have dedicated ourselves to.
On top of our mission, we make sure that while supporting PROJECT-E's mission, our volunteers also develop key skills in leadership, project management and determination by being part of a highly motivated, supportive, and dedicated international team.
As a member of Team International, you will join the Fundraising Department. Working as part of a supportive team, you will play an important role in our fundraising efforts. Your role will focus on:
- Research for suitable foundation and donor schemes
- Leading weekly team calls
- Reporting for current donors
- Participating in Department Head calls every other week
- Organizing feedback calls with fundraising team members biannually
- Coordinating and delegating tasks between team members
- Additional calls when needed (cross-departmental, interviews with applicants etc.)
- Proofreading grant applications
- Organization of private donation strategies and fundraising events
- Application writing, communication with donors, and drafting of progress reports
Working as one global team is key to the success of our mission. On top of your Fundraising tasks, we will have the opportunity to support other teams within PROJECT-E as part of our wider strategies and key visions.
Please note that the following experiences are desired, not required. PROJECT-E is a volunteer-led organization with young people from all backgrounds. Our values are learning-by-doing, empowering others and developing our leadership potential in the process. At PROJECT-E, you will gain exposure to an international work environment, broaden your skillset and expand your professional network. These experiences will prepare you for a bright future.
- Fundraising and/or grantwriting experience
- Previous experience writing fundraising applications
- Confidence with the ability to talk to people over the phone and approach potential donors or contacts via email/LinkedIn
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience in the charity sector or exposure in an INGO (Desirable, but not essential)
- A proactive and independent working style
- Excellent IT skills including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- The ability to collaborate with an international team spread across the globe
- Personal alignment with PROJECT-E’s mission and values
- An interest in long-term engagement with PROJECT-E and the ability to commit 5-10 hours per week
- A high level of responsibility and independence
- The opportunity to make a substantial difference to the lived of 100 women per year, with the chance to also give our project your personal touch
- An inspiring working atmosphere in a friendly and motivated team
- Practical experience in an INGO
- Building your leadership and time management skills
- The option of going to the PROJECT-E Hospitality Institute where our students are based in Addis Ababa, to work for the project on the ground
- Access to the PROJECT-E Learning Academy, with over 50 free courses from reputable learning providers
- Bi-annual strategy weekends to connect with other like-minded professionals
To apply for this opening, please click on the "Apply now" button on the right, attach your CV, and complete all the required fields. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
By applying for any of PROJECT-E opportunities, you allow PROJECT-E to process your information, including your name, email address, any information in your CV and cover letter and any given information to be able to assess your application and communicate with you accordingly.