The Hospitality Institute is the local education project of the NGO PROJECT-E Education Empowers.
Education empowers - that is our mission statement, as we provide job opportunities for young Ethiopian women from underprivileged social backgrounds. Thereby we offer scholarships in hospitality management training based on the nationally accredited curriculum, next to our outstanding practical trainings with partner hotels as well as language and life-skill training. In total we are supporting about 200 students within our long-term program (Level 2 Certificate in Food and Beverage Service) and short-term levels (House Keeping and Laundry Service and Food Preparation) in striving for a professional perspective to become financially independent as well as to gain self-confidence and become empowered women.
What makes PROJECT-E unique is thereby not only our 90% success rate in assisting the students to find a suitable job after the training and our outstanding reputation in the hotel industry in Ethiopia with renowned partner and stakeholders. But also, our administrative structure and project management is exceptional: On the one hand, we have the local Team in Addis, consisting of roughly 17 solely Ethiopian staff members. They implement the project and are responsible for the academicals and sociological development of the students. On the other hand, PROJECT-E consists of a “Team International” with students and young professionals working voluntarily and web-based worldwide to coordinate and finance the operation.
The Hotel management trainer general responsibilities include the following:
- Participating in the curriculum development tasks for both programs (Food and Beverage Service, and Housekeeping and Laundry Service)
- Preparing Trainee’s Record book, constantly updating the book for both batches and programs of PEHI;
- Preparing teaching, training, and learning material(TTLMs) according to the TVET standards for the developed curriculum for all training programs of PEHI;
- Prepare and submit in advance the session plan, teacher Guides, and assessment packages for both practical and knowledge assessment;
- Supervise the maintenance of the training resources implied by the curriculum, including the library for the institute and the workshop rooms;
- Teach the assigned unit of competency based on the curriculum for level and short term training programs as well as workshop days and co-curricular activities according to the session plan; prepare operation sheet and additional note based on the requirement
- Continuously give assessment, after getting an approval from the academic coordinator, as well as the institutional assessment and submit the results on time;
- Prepare progress chart, record and Follow up trainee’s performance and preparing them for the institutional and national assessments (COC exams);
- Organize the participation of all trainees in the national COC exams;
- Control and maintain the material of the simulated areas and classrooms;
- Control the presence of trainees using the attendance sheet, dressing code and class room behaviors, communicate any misconduct with the academic coordinator on time
- Assist the Academic Coordinator in the accreditation process and any other matters related to the academic part of the program;
- Work closely with the Assistant trainer and prepare additional materials for the practical classes;
- Prepare material needed for the training, communicate with the academic coordinator for budgeting and in time purchase
- Apart from the tasks described the Main Trainer is responsible for attending a staff meeting, reporting to the AC on weekly basis; actively participating in educational co-curriculum activities and excursions;
- If needed organize the placement of the trainees for the cooperative training and supervise their performance;
- Take care of common materials in the simulated areas and the inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management/Hospitality Management
- TVET teaching methodology certificate
- Level-4 or level-5 COC certificate in food & Beverage supervision, Housekeeping supervision or Hotel Management
- 2-5 years of teaching or industrial experience
- Proficient in MS word, Excel and Power point.
- Excellent Communication and organization skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Demonstrates a sound work ethic.
- Proficiency in English and Amharic are mandatory
- An annual salary of 120,000 ETB gross (negotiable)
- Attractive social benefits (health insurance, transport and telephone allowances)
- A varied and responsible job in a team-oriented working environment with unique opportunity to shape and develop the project
- Attractive full-time job in Addis Ababa, in a cooperative working atmosphere flexible working time models
- Opportunities for continuing education and training (language courses, leadership skills, etc.)
- Duration position: Initial contract for 1 year, renewal upon mutual agreement
Working hours: 40h/week
PROJECT-E operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women, men people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV, letter of motivation and references to email@example.com until September 11, 2022. If you have questions about this vacancy you can contact the Management Board under firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting an application for any of PROJECT-E's opportunities, you consent to PROJECT-E using the information you provide therein (i.e., your CV, contact details, and application responses) to assess your application and communicate with you accordingly.
PROJECT-E Team Ethiopia