PROJECT-E is looking for highly motivated students, recent graduates or young professionals who are interested in the fields of NGOs, women empowerment and education, to support PROJECT-E Team in the Hospitality Institute in Addis Ababa.
Responsibilities will depend on the intern’s interests and strengths. However, the general responsibilities may include:
· Supporting in daily administrative tasks
· Teaching of the intern’s native language (English or French)
· Prepare and implement social activities for the students
· Developing income generating activities to support the organisation’s funding efforts
· Preparing and implementing business/hospitality/lift skills related workshops
· Conducting research, writing reports and articles
· Coordinating between PROJECT-E and international organizations in Ethiopia and abroad
· Coordinating and communicating between the European and Ethiopian team members of PROJECT-E
· Willingness to work full time on a voluntary basis from Monday – Friday 08:30am till 05:00pm
· Involvement as a web-based volunteer in Team Europe before your departure to understand our structures and work flow
· Excellent English writing and speaking skills
· Proficient skills in using Microsoft Office applications
· Interest in the fields of non-profit work, women empowerment, hospitality operations, development cooperation or start-up businesses
· High level of proactive and independent work style, communication skills, ability to work in a team and willingness to go ‘the extra mile’
· Open mindedness and the ability to adapt to the Ethiopian culture and lifestyle
· Non-Resident from Ethiopia
· A high level of responsibility and independence
· The possibility of making a substantial difference in the life of 100 women per year and the opportunity to give our project your personal touch
· An inspiring work atmosphere in a young and motivated team
· Practical experience in an international non-governmental organisation
· Bi-annual meet up opportunities and a chance to connect with other like-minded professionals
· Free accommodation in the heart of Addis Ababa
· Free lunch during working days at the Hospitality Institute
· Assistance with the visa application process
To apply for this opening, please go to the Apply-Now-Button and follow the application process. In your cover letter, please indicate your motivation to volunteer and what you can contribute to PROJECT-E and your available start date. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By applying for any of PROJECT-E opportunities, you allow PROJECT-E to process your information, including your name, email address, any information in your CV and cover letter and any given information to be able to assess your application and communicate with you accordingly.
The PROJECT-E team consists of about twenty students and young professionals living and working all over Europe. Together, they are managing the European organisation, as well as coordinating and discussing the development of the project in weekly calls. Most importantly, they all work voluntarily.
Team Europe supports the PROJECT-E Hospitality Institute in Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia, where 100 young women from destitute social backgrounds get the yearly chance to pursue a vocational training program in hotel operations. Furthermore, they receive social and financial support. Fourteen local staff members and several international and local volunteers run the project and its daily operations under the supervision of a project manager and a country representative.