PROJECT-E is seeking highly motivated students, graduates, and professionals who are interested in contributing to an INGO focused on women’s empowerment through education.
We are looking for a Public Relations Department Head to work remotely from the location of their choosing, as part of PROJECT-E Public Relations Team.
The Department Head will be responsible for the overall strategic direction of the department (managing resources efficiently, developing bi-annual plan, overseeing large PR projects, coordinating tasks and responsibilities between team members etc.).
This role will include fast-paced decision-making and constant collaboration with team members. This is an exciting and unique learning opportunity.
We are Women-focused and Education- dedicated. We are all students and professionals working voluntarily in our free time to empower women through education.
We want to make an impact – a lasting one. Empowering Ethiopian women through education doesn’t only help those individuals but the entire society. Higher education is the key to economic development and ultimately is used to escape from poverty – that is what we have dedicated ourselves to.
On top of our mission, we make sure that while supporting PROJECT-E's mission our volunteers also develop key skills in leadership, project management and determination by being part of a highly motivated, supportive, and dedicated international team.
- Leading weekly PR calls
- Manage and regularly update editorial planner
- Participating in DH calls every other week
- Managing and publishing PROJECT-E newsletter every quarter
- Oversee implementation of blogpost and Social Media strategy for 2022
- Writing of PR updates for the Team International Trello Board
- Organizing feedback calls with PR team members biannually
- Coordinating and delegating tasks between PR team members
- Responsible for all internal and external communication activities and protocol
- Following up on tasks, having a good overview of the bi-annual plan
- Overseeing the production of the Annual Report (design, content, structure)
- Focal contact person for PR with other departments and the MB if needed
- Additional calls when needed (cross-departmental, interviews with applicants, feedback calls etc.)
- Experience of working in public relations, communications, journalism
- Experience of working in an International NGO (Desirable)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications
- High levels of self-motivation, creativity and organization
- Excellent time management skills
- Eagerness to be a part of a motivated team
- Strong understanding of media and digital communications
- Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot in pressure situations
- Strong team player yet able to work independently
- Commitment to company’s values/mission.
- Inspire and facilitate collaboration among PR members to reach common goals
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal, visual and written forms cross-culturally
- Interest in a long-term commitment to PROJECT-E with the ability to dedicate 5-10 hours a week to PROJECT-E matters
- An opportunity to gain an in-depth exposure to the operations of an international non-governmental organization.
- The chance to make a difference in the lives of many young women throughout the year.
- The opportunity to volunteer on-site at the hospitality institute in Addis Ababa.
- Personal and professional development by progressing within PROJECT-E, to become a Department Head or part of the Management board as you grow with the organization.
- A chance to participate in our Bi-annual Strategy Weekends where you will connect with other like-minded professionals across the organization.
- Access to the PROJECT-E Learning Academy which includes over 50 courses, offered from reputable learning providers.
To apply for this opening, please click on the "Apply now" button on the right, attach your CV, and complete all of the required fields. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
By applying for any of PROJECT-E opportunities, you allow PROJECT-E to process your information, including your name, email address, any information in your CV and cover letter and any given information to be able to assess your application and communicate with you accordingly.