PROJECT-E is looking for highly motivated recent graduates or young professionals who are interested in the fields of NGOs, women empowerment and education, to support the Hospitality Institute in delivering English Language classes.
Responsibilities may include:
- Teaching of the English language to Level I and Level II TVET Hotel Operation trainees and Housekeeping service program trainees.
- Handling the entire teaching cycle - (design, prepare, deliver high-quality lessons)
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide targets so that all learners can see success
- Prepare and implement social activities for the students when required
- Along with the main course trainers would also support students in developing their language skills during practical housekeeping, food & beverage service, front office service & computer classes
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in English language Teaching or related discipline
- Willingness to work for the duration agreed with full commitment and passion
- Proficient in English (all four skills)
- Proficient skills in using Microsoft Office applications
- Interest in the fields of non-profit work, women empowerment, hospitality operations, development cooperation or start-up businesses
- High level of proactive and independent work style, communication skills, ability to work in a team and willingness to go ‘the extra mile'
- Proven experience of teaching English as a Foreign Language (desired but not required)
- Experience working at the hospitality institute or colleges with some exposure on TVET program (highly desired)
- Hold other professional qualification like TESL, TEFL, TESOL or CELTA (desired but not required)
- Resident in Addis Ababa
- A high level of responsibility and independence
- The possibility of making a substantial difference in the life of 100 women per year and the opportunity to give our project your personal touch
- An inspiring work atmosphere in a young and motivated team
- Practical experience in an international non-governmental organisation
- Remote bi-annual meet up opportunities with the whole PE team and a chance to connect with other like-minded professionals
- Free lunch and transportation allowance during working days at the Hospitality Institute
- Recommendation letter upon completion of the volunteer work.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opening, please click on the "Apply now" button on the right, attach your CV, and complete all of the required fields. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
PROJECT-E values diversity and encourages applications from all genders, nationalities, backgrounds, and sections of the community.
By submitting an application for any of PROJECT-E's opportunities, you consent to PROJECT-E using the information you provide therein (i.e., your CV, contact details, and application responses) to assess your application and communicate with you accordingly.