Due to precautions to protect against the spread of COVID-19, our hospitality institute is currently closed, with staff working from home. Though we are unable to move forward with applications for immediate volunteering, we welcome speculative applications for when we can once again welcome volunteers at the institute.
PROJECT-E is seeking highly motivated students, recent graduates, and young professionals who are interested in contributing to an NGO focused on women’s empowerment through education.
PROJECT-E runs an institute in Addis Ababa that provides skills-based learning to disadvantaged women to support them in building careers in the hospitality industry and gaining economic independence.
As a volunteer or intern, you will have the opportunity to support PROJECT-E on site in Addis Ababa in direct exchange with Team Ethiopia and the students of the hospitality institute. Responsibilities will depend on the intern’s strengths and interests, however possible tasks would include the support of the teaching staff, administrative tasks, research, and networking.
- A proactive and independent work style, strong communication skills, the ability to collaborate with an international team and intercultural sensibility
- Personal alignment with PROJECT-E’s mission and values
- Work experience related to women empowerment and/or higher education in the hospitality sector (desired, but not required)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced knowledge of the English language; French would be an asset
- Experience in the NGO sector, education, and/or hospitality (desired, but not required)
- An opportunity to develop professional skills and practical experience in an international non-governmental organisation
- Potential to make a substantial difference in the lives of 90 young women per year
- Possibility of becoming a department head or part of the management board as you grow with the organisation
- Bi-annual strategy weekends to connect with other like-minded professionals
This volunteer opportunity is available for individuals who are residents of Addis Ababa, or individuals from anywhere around the world who are available to volunteer on site in Addis Ababa.
Typically, volunteering arrangements for residents of Addis Ababa are either full time or flexible over a period of 3 to 6 months.
Local volunteers receive a local transport allowance as well as free lunch during working days at the Hospitality Institute. Please note that Ethiopian residents who are not based in Addis Ababa may be eligible for accommodation in place of local travel costs.
Typically, individuals volunteer on a full-time basis at the institute in Addis Ababa for a period of one month. We additionally require that international volunteers begin their involvement with PROJECT-E by familiarizing themselves with the organization by serving as a part-time web-based volunteer in one of PROJECT-E Team International’s four departments: Finance, Fundraising, Public Relations & Communications, or Talent Management.
International volunteers receive free accommodation in Addis Ababa, free lunch during working days at the Hospitality Institute, and assistance with the visa application process.
To apply for this opening, please click on the "Apply now" button on the right, attach your CV, and complete all of the required fields. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting an application for any of PROJECT-E's opportunities, you consent to PROJECT-E using the information you provide therein (i.e., your CV, contact details, and application responses) to assess your application and communicate with you accordingly.
PROJECT-E values diversity and encourages applications from all genders, nationalities, backgrounds, and sections of the community.
PROJECT-E Team Ethiopia and Team International