PROJECT-E believes you have a fundamental right to privacy on the web, and we work to
protect your security online. This policy applies to https://project-e.eu. We will always seek
your approval for other use of your data if your consent is not covered by this policy.
Who we are
PROJECT-E is an international NGO whose mission is to provide job opportunities for young
Ethiopian women from underprivileged social backgrounds through sustainable and marketoriented education in a transparent and responsible manner.
Our website address is: https://project-e.eu.
This website privacy statement is designed to give general information, seeking to meet the
requirements of the GDPR, to individuals whose personal data Project-E collects in their
capacity as visitor to a Project-E website. This privacy declaration follows the example
provided by the services of www.GDPR.EU.
Definition of personal data based on Article 4 / GDPR:
For the purposes of this Regulation:
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical,
physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
This document is not designed to be addressed to PROJECT-E’s employees or other staff members or other individuals who deal with Project-E (i.e. other than as casual website visitors) in their personal capacity.
1. RESPONSIBLE UNIT FOR DATA PROCESSING
PROJECT-E Germany e.V.
2. YOUR RIGHTS
What rights you have over your data:
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
PROJECT-E would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
– The right to access – You have the right to request PROJECT-E for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
– The right to rectification – You have the right to request that PROJECT-E correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request PROJECT-E to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
– The right to erasure – You have the right to request that PROJECT-E erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
– The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that PROJECT-E restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
– The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to PROJECT-E’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
– The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Project-E transfers the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Or write us:
PROJECT-E Germany e.V.
3. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA IF YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
You directly provide PROJECT-E with most of the data we collect. In the following points we will discuss in which steps this occurs. This data consists out of personal identification information (name, address, email address and telephone number, etc.).
4. CONTACTING US OVER EMAIL OR CONTACT FORM
If you contact us via email or a contact form, we save your provided data (email address, name, telephone number) in order to respond to your request. Data which is not required for such a response, is marked as optional in the contact form. The provision of this data is voluntary and is based on your consent (Art. 6 1a GDPR). If you provide us with contact
information, you consent that we can contact you through that contact channel (e.g. email). You can withdraw this consent at any time. Consequently, we delete all data which is no longer necessary or limit the usage if there is a retention obligation.
If you provide feedback on any of our message boards (leaving a comment) or via email (when visitors leave comments on the website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection).
With your consent (art 6 1a GDPR) you can subscribe to our newsletter which informs you about our latest news and updates. For the subscription we use the double-opt-in method. This means that we send a message to your provided email in order to ask for your confirmation to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your subscription with 24 hours, your information will be deleted.
Data required for the reception of the newsletter: We ask for your name, your email address and your consent of us sending you the newsletter.
This reception of the newsletter is voluntary and we only ask you for your name to address you in a more personalized way. We will save your email address in order to send you the newsletter. Legal basis for that is Article 6, 1a GDPR.
You can request to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the link provided in the newsletter or via a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your data will be deleted, as soon as it is no longer required. Your email address will be saved as long as your subscription to our newsletter is active.
We have a newsletter tracking by our newsletter service Mailchimp. However, this data is anonymized and we cannot see who received our newsletter or clicked on a link. The tracking only provides us with information about a percentage of the complete list of recipients of the newsletter.
You apply via email to become part of Project-E. Your application is sent to our talent management department and is processed confidentially. Your data is only processed for your application and is not transferred to third parties. After the end of the application process, personal data is deleted immediately, unless you have provided us consent to save it up to a period of 6 months or we entered in a contract with you. Legal basis for that is
Article 6, 1a GDPR.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Persistent and functionality cookies:
• If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
• When you log in, we will also set up cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
• If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
• If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
• Embedded content from other websites:
o Articles on this website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
third-party tracking, and monitor your interaction with that embedded
content, including tracing your interaction with the embedded content if you have an account and are logged in to that website.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to
remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features
may not function as a result.
8. WEBSITE ANALYSIS
We are not using any kind of website analysis. There is the option for us to use Google Analytics by MonsterInsights, however, this is not an active service for us.
9. ONLINE SERVICES (NEWSLETTER & DONATION FORMS)
If you register to one of our personalized online services, e.g. the subscription of the newsletter or an online donation, we request your name and other personal data which is required for that service. Legal basis for that is Article 6, 1a GDPR. Your personal data is not used for any other reason. Your data will be deleted, as soon as it is no longer required and
if there is no retention obligation.
We are not using any form of external advertising on our website.
11. DATA TRANSFER
Information that our website and other third parties collect about you:
– This is information about you that you give to third parties (such as Facebook, Google and Twitter) by making use of the social network sharing buttons and widgets available on our website.
– Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Who we share your data with:
A transmission of your data to third parties does not take place, except in the cases mentioned above, unless we are legally obliged to do so, the data transfer is necessary for the execution of a contractual relationship or you have explicitly consented to the forwarding of your data.
International transfer of your information
These disclosures may involve transferring your personal information overseas, e.g. to our office in Ethiopia, where not the same privacy laws are required. However, we will ascertain that our arrangements with parties outside the EU are governed by data transfer agreements or mechanisms, designed to ensure that your personal information is protected.
12. DATA SECURITY AND DATA MANAGEMENT
PROJECT-E collects personal information from donors that is necessary for the purposes of fundraising and donation management, as well as for the preparation and conduct of online activities. We also need your address for sending a donation receipt. Your address, and with your consent your telephone number and email address, is only used for sponsor services.
You can revoke your consent at any time. Please write to email@example.com.
We assure you that we do not transfer your data to other companies or organizations without your consent.
In order to fulfill our tasks and to ensure the security of our IT infrastructure, we work together with service providers who receive personal data for this purpose. These service providers are contractually bound by PROJECT-E to use personal data received in this context only for the permitted purpose.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
There are two places where data is stored, both provided by Office 365 which includes SharePoint and OneDrive. Only registered users have access to these drives, all of whom are familiar with applicable privacy policies. Access rights are checked regularly and inactive users are removed instantly.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
13. PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES
15. CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
PROJECT-E Germany e.V.