New Team Thursday chapter, today we know a bit more about Bekalu:
What is your background?
My name is Bekalu Azene. I was born in 1987 here in Addis Ababa. I graduated from Adama University, Ethiopia with a Bachelor of Education degree in Business Education, then from Andhra University, India with a master’s degree in Business Administration and finally, from IBEX Hotel and Tourism College in Level 1 Front Office Supervision. I have more than ten years teaching experience both in government and private college and university and have more than five years office experience in private organisations and NGOs. Currently, I am working at PROJECT-E as the post of Academic Coordinator.
What is your involvement with PROJECT-E?
I am working as Academic Coordinator and am involved in the following major activities:
* Plan, organise and control the overall training programmes of the institute
* Link the institute with hotels and other stakeholders
* Coach and mentor trainers and assistant trainers
* Develop different documents required by the Federal TVET Agency and management of the institute
* Search, discuss and place trainees for co-operative training
* Participate in different decision-making processes of the institute
What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about reading historical books and attending church programmes.